The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross has been on sale in India for almost seven years now, and it has been the corporate’s flagship mannequin within the nation. The S-Cross was additionally the primary product to be launched below the corporate’s premium retail community, Nexa Expertise. Nevertheless, Maruti Suzuki India is now anticipated to discontinue the crossover, with the arrival of the soon-to-be-launched new Grand Vitara compact SUV. Now, the S-Cross by no means managed to usher in enormous numbers for Maruti, nonetheless, it was all the time a succesful automobile, and in case you are planning to get one, we might recommend going for a pre-owned mannequin. And right here are some things you’ll want to know earlier than you get one.
The older S-Cross got here with a 1.3-litre and 1.6-litre diesel engines, which provided nice efficiency.
- The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross comes with good match and end, and it seems fairly premium. Relying on the variant you get, it additionally comes with options like projector headlamps, LED DRLs, daring chrome particulars, dual-tone alloys and LED taillamps.
- The S-Cross provides a tonne of cabin area and an honest boot area of 375 litres. This implies it may well simply match 5 average-sized adults and sufficient baggage for the weekend.
- Whereas the newer S-Cross will get a 1.5-litre petrol engine, Maruti used to supply the crossover with two diesel engines up to now – a 1.3-litre unit and a extra highly effective 1.6-litre oil burner. Each provide nice efficiency, and in the event you can handle to get your palms on the 1.6 diesel it’s best to positively go for it.
The S-Cross provides nice cabin area, however the inside seems dated and unimpressive.
- Crossovers have by no means actually seen any main success in our nation, they merely don’t appeal to Indian automobile patrons. And identical has been the case with S-Cross. Plus, with the rising demand for SUVs, the S-Cross may not appeal to numerous prospects.
- Whereas the cabin is unquestionably spacious, it seems fairly dated in comparison with different fashions on this worth vary. The inside structure too seems fairly boring.
- The S-Cross was all the time a bit on the pricier facet, and the state of affairs is sort of comparable within the used automobile market as properly. Relying on the mannequin 12 months and situation, you may get a pre-owned S-Cross from Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 11 lakh.