Indian Rooster Potato Curry: an especially in style, scrumptious, and straightforward weekday meal recipe utilizing rooster, potato, and spices. It may be served with rice / roti (Indian bread) / quinoa, and many others.
Why Indian Rooster Potato Curry?
Who doesn’t love an excellent hearty rooster and potato recipe and this one goes to be a household favourite when you style it. It’s gentle, creamy, and completely yummmm!!!
I’ve grown up consuming this explicit model with sizzling steamed rice and thus far, it’s one in all my most craved consolation meals.
Aside from how fast the recipe is, the elements required are additionally simply accessible in most houses.
This recipe may be made as soon as and saved within the fridge for as much as 2 days.
Elements for the Potato and Rooster Curry:
As talked about, the elements are very simple and fundamental, like:
- Ginger + Garlic Paste
- Yogurt / Cream: relying in your style and selection
- Contemporary Cilantro / Coriander Leaves (elective): garnish
- Turmeric Powder
- Curry Powder
- Crimson Chili Powder
Easy methods to Make the Widespread Curry:
This recipe is really easy to make and it may be made in a non-stick pot or strain cooker.
We begin by sauteing onions, ginger + garlic in sizzling oil.
Then saute potatoes and prepare dinner until 70% carried out.
Then add rooster, and all of the spices and prepare dinner every part collectively until the rooster is tender. (as we’re utilizing boneless rooster / rooster breasts, the rooster cooks inside 5 minutes).
Then add tomato + yogurt and prepare dinner every part additional.
Lastly, add water and let the curry simmer for five minutes for all of the meat, potatoes, and spices to combine and prepare dinner collectively.
As soon as carried out, switch to a serving bowl, prime with chopped cilantro/coriander, and serve sizzling.
Further Ideas / Serving Strategies:
As a rule of thumb, any curry that you just make utilizing potatoes are likely to thicken up when saved for 2-3 hours or longer.
Therefore, add some additional water and reheat. You may want so as to add salt as per style too.
The curry stays good within the fridge for as much as 2 days.
It may be served because the mail entree of one of many fundamental entrees together with some other recipe like fish, greens, and many others.
The primary choice to serve this with is sizzling steamed rice however you possibly can serve it with roti, paratha, dinner rolls, quinoa, farro, and many others.
A light-weight onion-tomato or cucumber salad goes very nicely with this recipe.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Shortly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You Could Additionally Like ::
Cook dinner Time
- 2 Giant Rooster Breasts – chopped in chew measurement
- 2 Giant Potatoes – peeled, – chopped in chew measurement
- 1 Giant Onion – thinly chopped
- 1 Giant Tomato – thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger + Garlic Paste
- 4 Tbsp Yogurt (whisked) – you need to use cream or coconut milk
- 2 Sprig Contemporary Cilantro – thinly chopped
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil – use any mild oil or smoked mustard oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder – use as per style
- 1 Tsp Crimson Chili Powder – use as per style
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- Warmth olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add chopped onion, ginger + garlic paste and saute for a minute on medium warmth.
- Now, add chopped potatoes and saute. Cowl prepare dinner on low warmth for 3 minutes (or till potatoes are 70% cooked).
- Add, chopped rooster, all spices, and saute every part. Cowl prepare dinner for one more 3 minutes.
- After the rooster is nearly cooked, add chopped tomatoes and yogurt.
- Saute every part and let this prepare dinner on low warmth for 4-5 minutes. (preserve stirring in between).
- Now, add 1 cup of water, stir every part, and canopy prepare dinner for one more 4 minutes.
- Take away the duvet, saute every part and the curry would have thickened and rooster+potatoes would have totally cooked.
- Do a salt style and add extra if tastes much less.
- Switch to serving bowl and prime with chopped cilantro/coriander.
- Serve with rice or Indian bread or quinoa.
4 Tbsp Yogurt – you need to use cream or coconut milk
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 450Whole Fats: 39gSaturated Fats: 16gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 21gLdl cholesterol: 60mgSodium: 890mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 26g