Fashionable road meals from India, Dahi Puri is a crunchy, savory dish full of layers of tangy, candy, and spicy flavors with an ideal steadiness of texture and aromas which are a feast to the eyes! Making Dahi Puri at dwelling is simple because it wants minimal cooking. Tremendous versatile as an appetizer, snack, or mild vegetarian meal.
Dahi Puri is loaded with flavors and textures from all of the fillings which are added to crispy hole puris – with the primary ones being cooling yogurt (Dahi), potatoes (Batata), and skinny crispy gram flour noodles(sev). I add onions, tomatoes, and chickpeas to make it a healthful dish. Impressed by our favourite restaurant Vaishali on F.C Highway in Pune, right here is my tackle Sev Puri Dahi Puri (AKA SPDP)!!
One of the best a part of Dahi Puri or any chaat is that it may be simply adjusted to your style desire. If you happen to like spicy meals, add extra cilantro-mint chutney and sprinkle some further purple chili powder. For a sweeter model that youngsters usually get pleasure from, add extra of the candy tamarind chutney and drizzle over some further creamy yogurt!
I want selfmade inexperienced chutney and tamarind chutney for chaat however the chutneys are additionally available in all Indian grocery shops right here within the US. I additionally love so as to add steamed black chickpeas also referred to as Kala chana in Hindi. They add protein to the dish making it hearty and can be loved as a lightweight meal.
What’s Dahi Puri
Dahi Puri also referred to as “Dahi Batata Puri” or “Dahi Sev Puri” is a well-liked snack from Mumbai, western India. Dahi means yogurt and Puri or “Golgappa” means mild, hole, and crispy fried puffs. Typically bought by street-side distributors and small eating places in India this tasty dish is a sort of Chaat – crispy meals loaded with layers of candy, tangy, and spicy flavors.
- Puri – Also called “Golgappa” or “Puchkas”, these crispy hole fried semolina puri’s are available in Indian grocery shops
- Yogurt – calmly sweetened with a contact of salt, yogurt or Dahi is without doubt one of the principal substances that add tangy and cooling flavors
- Sev – crunchy fried gram flour snack, superb sev is accessible in all Indian grocery shops
- Potato – steamed, peeled, and reduce into small cubes
- Onion and tomato – finely diced onions and tomatoes. Each are optionally available however add good texture and taste
- Kala Chana – steamed black chickpeas are optionally available however I really like including them. You may fully skip them or, use canned chickpeas or sprouted moong beans.
- Chutneys – cilantro mint chutney and tamarind chutney for spicy and tangy flavors
- Spices – Kashmiri purple chili, floor cumin, and chaat masala add earthy heat flavors
- Garnish – Sprinkle over a lot of finely chopped cilantro and I might additionally advocate including pomegranates for a pop of colour and enjoyable texture!
The way to make Dahi Puri
- Make a small gap on one aspect of every puri by calmly tapping the middle of the puri Prepare them on a serving platter
- Add two to a few cubes of potato, Kala chana, onions, and tomato to every puri.
- Subsequent, add sev inside of every puri. Whisk salt and sugar within the yogurt and drizzle generously inside every puri
- Add a number of drops of inexperienced chutney and tamarind chutney, you’ll be able to add roughly to your style desire
- Sprinkle purple chili powder, floor cumin, and chaat masala
- Add extra sev after which garnish with cilantro and pomegranate
Dahi Puri is finest loved instantly as they are going to get soggy over time. When serving for a celebration, you’ll be able to put together all of the add-ons and maintain them in particular person bowls as proven within the ingredient photograph earlier on this publish. Both assemble Dahi Puris simply earlier than serving or have your friends assemble Dahi Puri, that is particularly a great way to get pleasure from Dahi Puri as every one can customise it to their liking like including extra spicy chutney, including extra candy chutney, including extra yogurt, and many others.
Extra Chaat Recipes
Dahi Puri | Dahi Sev Batata Puri
Crunch Chaat with potatoes, creamy candy and tangy yogurt, spicy inexperienced chutney and tamarind chutney
Make a small gap on one aspect of every puri by calmly tapping the middle of the puri. Prepare them on a serving platter
Add two to a few cubes of potato, Kala chana, onions, and tomato to every puri
Add some sev inside of every puri
Drizzle the candy yogurt inside the puri adopted by inexperienced chutney and tamarind chutney
Sprinkle purple chili powder, floor cumin, and chaat masala
Garnish with cilantro, pomegranate seeds, and any remaining sev
Rinse and soak ½ cup of Kala Chana in a single day. Drain all of the water and add it to the Prompt Pot with 1 cup of water, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stress prepare dinner for half-hour with pure stress launch. Drain out any extra liquids. Sprinkle some purple chili powder when you like and use it to make chaat. Will be ready 2 to three days forward and refrigerated.
The way to steam Potato within the Prompt Pot
Add 1 cup of water to the Prompt Pot insert and place the trivet inside. Place a medium russet or purple potato on the trivet and stress prepare dinner or steam for quarter-hour adopted by pure stress launch. Enable the potato to chill down after which peel and cube. Will be ready 1 to 2 days forward and refrigerated.
Energy: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 1105mg | Potassium: 1386mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 9578IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 253mg | Iron: 8mg
Hey there! I’m a techie turned recipe developer, cooking teacher, and meals blogger. I really like meals and revel in creating simple and wholesome recipes for busy life. I stay in New Jersey with my husband and two sons.